Sunday 12 April 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter from Jessie and me!
I know it's been ages since I posted here but now that I have my internet back since Thursday, I should improve this in the next couple weeks :-)
OK, so what happened since? Yesterday, Jessie and me started with a new obedience class, well yesterday it was just me going there, since it was orientation, paper work etc. Ame and Jippy will be going there too and I am sure those two (Jessie and Jippy) will create some exitement ;-) I am really looking forward to this, although a lot of the first couple sessions will be repetition for Jessie but that's OK.
I also started Jessie on the BARF diet now. I was reading up on it for about a year and eventually I took the plunge and did it. I was worried initially as it sounded so complicated but it's not. For the last 2 weeks, I was slowly getting her away from the dry food and today, it was all chicken and vegetable that she had, no more dry food :-) She enjoys her new food much more and I will see how the next couple weeks go.
This morning Jessie and me went for a walk in Saltwell Park, we met Tina with Charlie half way though and Jessie and him had a blast playing with each other.
At around 12pm, I took Jessie out to Water Gate Forest Park. It was nice and sunny and Jessie enjoyed playing, running, retriving and meeting all the other dogs. Here are some pictures from today's 3.5 hour walk:


At the beginning of our walk


Retrieving

The shade is lovely mom




more retrieving



posing


mum the mud is good







Afterwards Jessie was all muddy



lovely color


playing in the stream




getting clean



Jessie went swimming and then ran out of the water like crazy to get dry ;-)




playing with another dog in the water


now I am tired










2 comments:

Main said...

Oh... that looks like pretty much the best walk ever! I enjoyed the pictures of your dark brown Toller. :D

As to BARF: well done! I am sure Jessie will do well on it.

Anja said...

Oh yes it was a brilliant walk and I ratehr liked my mudddy Toller as it showed how much fun she had