Friday 24 July 2009

Feeling poorly?

Lily is doing great and I think she settled in very well. I am back at work since this week but my boss gives me the time to keep checking in on the dogs every couple hours. Having Jessie around makes things much easier then I expected and the two enjoy each others company.

She was at the vets yesterday for her 2nd vaccination. We had to wait quite a bit and it was commented how cute and quiet she is. She was just laying on my lap and enjoying the cuddles and attention. I also put her on the scales and at 10 weeks she is 2.81kg. I can't exactly remember Jessie but I am sure Jessie was bigger.


Well we got home and after that Lily seemed to be getting a bit unwell, she was crying a lot and wasn't really eating her dinner. She did drink though, so I wasn't too worried. However when it was time for bed, she started to cry a lot in her crate. She is usally fine in the crate, so I thought she might needs to go out for a wee but no she didn't, she was just laying in the crate, crying and crying for hours. I got quite worried about her and thought about leaving her with Jessie in the sitting room but she didn't want that either and was jsut crying and crying. Eventually I moved my bed on the sitting room floor and after another hour of crying Lily settled next to me and fell assleep. That was at 3am!
The bad thing was I was due to get up at 5am, so it was one short night. When I woke up Lily was curled up next to me on one side, sleeping peacfully and Jessie on the other. She is doing fine today though, so I think it might have been a reaction to the vaccination. She is eating normally again and is fine otherwise.














2 comments:

Main said...

I hope all is well now? Was it just the vaccination that caused her crying?

Wesha was 5.8kg when she was 11 weeks old, so Lily is tiny compared to her!

Anja said...

She is all fine now, infact she was fine the next morning. She is quite tiny actually but makes up for it with personality :-)