Saturday 18 July 2009

Proud Mommey!

Lily joined us 8 days ago and has settled in brilliantly. She adores Jessie and Jessie maks me feel so proud.
Jessie having always been a single dog, has always been very dominant in the house. Other dogs where told of when they visited, they were not allowed to touch her toys or worse her bones. So with Lily joining us, I was prepared for some battles but she has accepted Lily much quicker then I had anticipated.

It’s a joy to see the two of them together, Jessie lays on the floor and plays with Lily, Lily is climbing all over her and nipping her neck, ears and paws.
Today I watched them how Jessie took one of her teddies and walked up to Lily to encourage her to play tug o war. Honestly I am so proud of Jessie, I think she quite enjoys the company of the little annoying thing :-)

Lily is doing fine too, I am training her on her lead, which is working really well and she also knows her name and comes when I call her. She is extremely confident and love to have play fights with Jessie. She also is a chewer (even more then Jessie ever was).

The nights are no problem, she settles well in the crate (without a fuss) and ususually wakes up once to be let out between 1 to 3 and then goes back to sleep until 6am, which is not too bad.












No comments: